Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happiest Day of my Life?

first, I wrote an enormous blog about our first week with Porter on the baby blog which is HERE and you really don't want to miss it because there is a crazy story there which thus far was the worst moment of my life (... so far... you'll get it in two seconds) 
Anyways
I was reading someone's blog about how she doesn't like when people tell her that the happiest day of her life was her wedding. She went on to say that she didn't like thinking that the peak of her life was when she was 21 years old and life continues to be a downward slope after that. 
I thought about it seeing as how I recently had a major life change and thought... what is the happiest day of my life? Obviously I haven't lived my whole life so I can only say I have been thinking about what the happiest day has been so far. 
I loved my wedding, and it was one of my more perfect days, but honestly marriage is better than a wedding day (even though really my wedding was so perfect). Then I now can be counted as one of those old people who now have a memory of the birth of their child. That was wonderful because I got such an amazing person out of it, but no that wasn't it.
Really as I ponder about it the best day of my life continues to be today. Never yesterday, never tomorrow, always today. 
yesterday was wonderful, but today I fall more in love with my husband (even if he has been on the x box almost the entire day) and today I got to know my little boy a little better, I bonded with him a little more, I saw him grow and learn, I saw him react to his daddy when his daddy played with him, and My heart melted into goop today. I know nothing about tomorrow, but when it comes it will be today, and yesterday was great, but it's nothing compared to today because today I know much more than yesterday and I am closer to the people in my life than I was yesterday. 

I don't know if that makes sense, and I really can't describe how in love I am with these two men in my life (I love saying that it sounds so funny)
today I got pooped on and peed on at the same time, but I learned how to handle it, and I laughed through it and even after wards I'm able to look left at my beautiful baby boy sleeping in his bed, he's pulling faces transitioning from a smile to a frown to look of confusion and my heart grows about 4 more sizes, letting me feel love so strong it basically would make me bawl if I let it. 

I love being a mom. 
because Today is the happiest day of my life.

1 comment:

  1. You're going to make me cry! You have such a beautiful way of viewing life...I like it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...