Monday, September 13, 2010

sigh... :)

I love my little one
1. because he knows the difference between night and day

yep you read that right my sweet little boy knows that at night you wake up, mom will feed you, then after you're done eating you fall asleep and sleep for 4 more hours. (sometimes 3 if you fall asleep too soon while you're eating and won't wake back up to finish)
he's amazing.

2. because he's a buff man
really seriously at 11 days old he rolled over for the second time in his life. They're not supposed to do that until i don't know like 2 months or something. The first time I said ha ha he rolled over but it was totally an accident because i set him on his stomach, he kicked with those crazy legs and he flipped over.
BUT
then he was doing tummy time, lifting his head up pretty well, and then he twisted his shoulders, then his hips, and slowly started turning to his side. he then reached his side, decided to go the rest of the way and bam was on his back.
again.. he's amazing

3. He plays his own soundtrack in the morning.
every morning around nine or ten he starts stirring in bed, he doesn't wake up, just grunts and yawns and whines like he's trying to wake up. he makes his little loud noises for 5 minute periods, falls back asleep for ten minutes, and then repeats the cycle. I eventually get him up because I can't stand going back and forth between being able to play with him or getting more sleep.

4. he sleeps the best in our arms
it's not super ideal and he does sleep in his own bed every night without a problem, and he even sleeps in his crib for naps during the day, but the way he loves being cuddled by his mommy or daddy just melts my heart. we love it because we get to cuddle him and then for the most part if he's actually out we are able to set him down to sleep the rest of his nap when we have something else to do.

5. He KNOWS his mom.
It's the most overwhelmingly lovely feeling to have someone be holding him and playing with him and then he catches the blurry sight of me sitting next to him ( he can't see more than a foot away from his face clearly) and he refuses to look at anything else. He catches my eye and will just look deep into them as if he's just sending mass amounts of love my way.
with most babies we say ok you're crying go to mom because she had you so she gets the job of calming you down, well with your own baby you actually realize that it's not that it's the mom's job to calm him down, it's that being with mom is what calms them down. He can be whining up a storm (he really doesn't cry) and the second he hits my arms and smells my scent and hears my voice and heartbeat... he just calms down.It's a very humbling and powerful feeling.

I love my little man :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...