Friday, August 19, 2011

Love To You

I've been so blessed in this life. I've been given an amazing support system. When my life gets hard, and it's gotten plenty of hard plenty of times, I am always given someone. I've had Teachers that have given me encouragement both in my personal, spiritual, and educational life. I've had neighbors that gave me everything from a shoulder to cry on, to a meal when I was unable to make them myself. I've had AMAZING friends. I had the wonderful pleasure to chat with 2 of my old friends that I haven't seen since high school today. Both probably don't even grasp how they helped me in times of serious need. One was there for me when I started out in a new school not knowing anyone. the other made me feel included when I no longer felt welcome in a group of friends. I have so many people that maybe think they are just a passing person in my life. They are wrong. so very wrong. I love, deeply love all of those who I have ever been honored to call my friend (and ask drew, I call everyone my friend). Any one of them could show up on my doorstep and I would welcome them with open arms. Last month I was in a store with my little family and I looked up to see someone who was once my BEST friend. we spent every day together. he'd deleted facebook so when I saw him it was like time slowed and I could feel the sunshine beam from my face as I loudly said "hey!!!" he looked, quickly said hi, looked at the ground and quickly walked past. I was crushed. I so often find myself thinking everyone is like me. eager to see people from my past, able to keep that love alive even when it's been a while. It turns out he'd actually blocked me from facebook. Along with a few other friends from high school. I don't know what I did to deserve but even though it saddens me I STILL care about them, I still keep tabs on them, I still want to know what is going on and how they are doing because I still love them.
If you ever don't feel that love from me, it's more a factor of time than anything. I promise.
It's crazy how much I love the human race.
It got me into trouble quite a few times before. I love so freely, I got hurt quickly and often. and when a love lasted, it hurt more than normal when it fell apart. even now though. every old boyfriend will have a place in my heart no matter if it were good terms or bad ones we left on.
so this is for you.
whether I saw you today, or many years ago. Whether I've met you or not.
I LOVE YOU!! I seriously do.
you have touched my life.
I can only hope others feel the same way about me :)

1 comment:

  1. Well from personal experience--ive never met you and have felt your love :)
    Sammie, you are such a sweetheart. Seriously. I'm so glad to know you...even if its only through the computer at the moment. Just keep reminding yourself that you can only do so much...and the best thing you can do is love everyone. Jesus Christ loved everyone...and thats how he wants us to be too.
    Jace was so happy to get to see you and meet Porter! I'm a little jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...