Friday, February 25, 2011

Eye squash & the Downs kids

Yesterday was a fun day! 
Drew had work so it was going to be super uneventful day.
It still kind of was, but a few minutes before drew was about to take off for work, I got a call from my friend beth. She's in my ward and she's super sweet. She has 4 kids. 
Carter-7
Ethan-5
Ruby-3 
Spencer- born the same day as Porter :) 
so we love them. 
Beth called because she needed someone to watch Ethan and Ruby for a little bit. 
See those are probably the 2 toughest kids so I was a little worried. 
Ruby is hard because she's 3 and uber shy but I cured that by time and Beauty and the Beast ;) 
(I know i'm a horrid babysitter... I just put on movies... but in all honesty I do like the excuse to watch them myself)
Ethan, is hard because... he has Down Syndrome. He's adorable, but roudy and I LOVE kids but was unsure about what taking care of him would entail. he was Remarkably well behaved. 
They are cute as can be :) (and ruby is being shy)
Later that night I got porter up from his nap, Plopped him down in his high chair, and got him his dinner. Porter throws a fit if I stop him from sucking his fingers to get the food down his throat and so he gets food ALL over his left hand. He also was still tired and kept rubbing his eyes. Since only one hand had food on it, only one side of his face/ eye got coated with squash.
It was a battle trying to wipe the squash off his face aro
und his eye because he would in response to my wiping, rub his eye. back forth back forth back forth. 
I took a picture for fun because I was laughing so hard from this battle.
later that night I looked at him and he had a whole string of squash goop in his eye. Luckily it all came out in one gooey try. Poor guy. 
but ... hilarious still the same

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...