Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mouth Waving and a bit of a mouthgasm

So since I like to end on a perfect note I usually end with porter stories and pictures... 
today I'm going to still do that but I almost didn't because the 3 things I have to say were all such an awesome tie :)

Yesterday was a blast!
We had Weston and Bexi Over to congratulate them because they're having a baby!! 
Weston and my drewface have been super good friends since high school. which they did not go to together. They both were leaders at a scout camp and actually didn't like each other at all but were forced to share a tent. duh duh duh. 
then, just like a romantic comedy they started liking each other, had fights but ended up living happily ever after.

I love bexi because seriously she's this tiny sweet little thing with this hidden spunk and she's so so so funny!
I love her :)

It was so much fun and honestly it's so nice since the drewface is super antisocial...but he has only a few people he willingly complaisantly will spend time with.
I on the other hand will talk to anyone for hours on end. I like to make lots of friends and they all mean the world to me. 


So before they came over yesterday I made Oreo truffles for tonight's gathering with the in-laws. 
It's really that I wanted an excuse to make them... but hey it works as long as they don't down alll of them before I get a chance to eat some as well.
It's a super simple recipie that I got from my friend Britt at my other friend Bonnie's baby shower. 
1 Package Oreos
1 Package Cream Cheese
 ( I used about a pound or maybe a tiny bit more) White Chocolate Bark
 So you mash up the oreos... (to tell you the honest to goodness truth I tried this for ages and then used the blender. the only problem is it only blends the stuff you have at the bottom so you're constantly stirring but see I got my timing off somehow and ended up loosing a chunk of spoon in the mix... I DID FIND IT. I just would suggest you be more careful than me..)
 Then you mix it in with the cream cheese
(again I made a giant mistake.. I tried to do this by hand.. It works much better and much faster if you have a kitchenaid and just throw it in there with the cookie batter attachment and slowly up the speed until you have this awesome oily moldable mixture)
You roll them in balls, put them on wax paper tin foil and then roll them in the melted white chocolate and place them back on paper/foil
 mmm melted white chocolate
 Then yo put them in the fridge and yey there you go! (mine don't exactly look pretty but hey they taste awesome)


Then there's porter boy. 
(I have like 2 more things to blog but that'd be overkill so I"ll do it tomorrow)
Ports has been doing the funniest thing the last like 2 days. 
he puts the back of his hand to his mouth and like.. I guess you'd call it waving...
he waves

it acomplishes one of two things. 
One ... it's hillarious..
Two.. If he is making noise he can make that buh-buh-buh-buh noise
(I'm going to say like a native american in interest of sounding politically correct..but probably still being offensive...)
it's super funny. 
we just laugh at him when he does it .. besides when he does it when he's eating because then he gets food EVERYWHERE

It's much harder to get a picture of it than you'd think.

AREN'T I SO LUCKY!!!!!!




2 comments:

  1. that looks like a mouthgasm. I'm totally making. Maybe ill break the sabbath and those will make my illness go away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm so glad you made those Oreo truffles, they are just the best! And of course, Porter looks so darling in those pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...