Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wonderful Springtime and a DI Find!

Today was GORGEOUS!! 
I woke up freezzzzing but as the sun came up it melted the snow from yesterday and dried up our front yard. 
Porter and I decided that we were going to take full advantage of it so I got myself dressed and put Porter boy in his cute little Jeans and Onsie and Jacket :) He looked mighty handsome
I look horrid since I spent more time on getting him ready than myself.... 
We went outside and Sat on our porch swing for a while... then we tried grass for the first time since he was teeny tiny I've seen so many kids who literally just pull their feet up so they won't touch it because it freaks them out but not port! He just went for it, loved it and tried to eat the twigs he could get to.
 For the most part he just sat up in the grass chilling out. 
Lookin adorable as usual
 He actually smiled for the camera when I'm not behind it but with how I look I sure wish I were behind it :(
 Here's our cute side yard/shed :) I just can't believe how much we live in the country these days.. and how we lucked out finding this house to RENT!
 Also I found this in the middle of my grass :)  do you know what it is?? I think it's going to be bulbs that were in the ground and then our landlord laid sod there not knowing :) I'm going to roll up the grass this summer and dig up the bulbs so I can plant them where I can enjoy them ha ha not in my grass
We have our garden all planned out in the back and once we start doing things FOR it I'll take pictures and show you :) I'm super excited. 
I've been thinking a lot lately about what I'm going to do as a stay at home mom when the kids are at school or what I can make of my life besides cleaning. I want to do more crafts and gardening with flowers and veggies :) 
We'll see how I do.

So speaking of crafts I went to the DI today and discovered quite a find!

I got this roll of lace for 50 Cents
 These adorable baby boot/shoes for $1.00
AND
I got this AMAZING birdcage/clock for only $2.00!!

I already know what I want to do with it although it may take me a while to get around to it. 
I only get crafty funds every once in a while cause we are still a poor college family and I'm staying home.
One day I'll be rich and be able to buy all the fun things I want :)

Tell me your ideas for  the clock! I'm sure you guys can come up with a better one than me :)

Ps. Proof Port is really crawling now:)

he's that fast:)

1 comment:

  1. what a great clock. how fun will that be. i know the perfect place to put it in my house so if you want you can put it here

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...