Wednesday, April 13, 2011

my baby looks like a bald eagle...

I've gotten to the point where I have been storing up a zillion things to blog about but between drew constantly being at school/work (we only have one computer and he takes it to school and then straight to work sometimes because there is no time to come home)
and him writing his ginormous jack and the beanstalk long paper
I have not had the opportunity and when the opportunity came up i was just too tired... see I didn't even capitalize that I...
well I'll try to break this down into a few smaller reads
first things first
my baby boy is bald...
Yes.. 
sob
bald.

I wanted to just cut his hair a little bit this time with clippers because heavens that would take much less time than me plopping him in his bumbo and doing it with scissors again..
but then my mother in law didn't have the right attachment so we ended up having to buzz it....
I'm mourning this little boy
and trying to get use to this little boy

see my biggest thing is i really don't like the whole uneven thing. 
you know short on the bottom and long on top... blegh
it's not for me. at least while he's a baby
(which he always will be to me)

speaking of baby that he is no more...
he's zoomed through milestones like nobody's business!!
He's super strong, pulling himself up to stand constantly
and before he would yank himself up on this box and it'd fall on him because he was putting all his weight in his arms.
 now his arms are just balancing him and today he even did this silly push the box then 
walk push walk push walk thing
have I mentioned that I'm the meanest mom
I actually like when he's super crying (for a few seconds at least) 
because he does that tongue shake thing that newborns do and it reminds me of when he was tiny 
even though I didn't know what his cry sounded like until he was about 3 months old...
he wanted out.. 
never fear 2 seconds later he was fine because he found his thumb
ANYWAYS 
he did the funniest thing the other day.
My wonderful ex roomie came over and set porter on the floor after playing with him
he proceeded to wobble his lip and cry like a newborn
whislt this cry was going on he slowly depressingly shakingly 
inched his hand forward and proceeded to slow motion crawl up to my lap and lay his head down on my knee
I'm so mean... I was laughing the whole time.

Porter has been grumpy gills for the last few weeks because of his teeth.
that's right
teeth. not tooth.
his first one broke through and then TODAY his second one came through and he was a happy baby once again
yeahaw.

P.S.
this is the sight I came home to

 only kidding. Drew was wonderful to not play until after I came home.
please ignore the plate on the couch...
he was still eating dinner
I love port's little baby butt..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...