Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Little wonders

Being a parent is the most beautiful thing in the world. Everyone thinks that their child is the cutest in the world, and they're right. 

I love the movie "Meet the Robinsons" it's adorable, hillarious, and has an awesome message. At the end of the movie there's a song by Rob Thomas called Little Wonders that makes me re-think who I am and what I do on a daily basis. I saw a little blurb from him on the extras about where he got the idea for the song. He was walking his dog and suddenly his dog stopped. He was annoyed and tugged on the leash and then looked back and the dog had paused to feel the wind in his face. Rob said that he realized that life is about the little moments, not the big occurrences.
Today as I was playing with porter we had some moments of just genuinely what heaven should be.

Me laying on my back with my tiny human laying stomach to stomach with me. I barely poke his back and he erupts into the sweetest giggles you've ever heard. Over and over we did that. 

I asked him to say kiss, so he walks to me, purses those perfect rosy lips and gives me a smackaroo on my lips. I lightly laugh, ask him to SAY kiss, and he does it again. he kissed me about 7 times in a row before I just giggled and gave him a hug.

I would run somewhere in the house, hide, and jump out yelling "boo"  when he came looking for me. He jumped, laughed, and wrapped his arms around my legs, to which I shrieked, and started the process over again. 

Most of the mornings lately he's been waking up super early so we have him come in our bed for half an hour or so while we wake up and let him watch his FAVORITE movie on my ipod (rio) 
 

I can't possibly describe how pure my love is for this little boy. I can't tell you how kind hearted and good natured he is. I get so caught up on the messes he makes, and his lack of obedience... but he isn't malicious, he isn't out to hurt anyone, he's just being him. I need to remember how many amazing moments I have with him. 

He hugged me today and I remember thinking "there's nothing better in the world than getting my arms tangled up while trying to wrap them around this soul" I don't know where his arms were, nor mine, but I remember feeling the love he has for me ooze out of his little body. 

The other day he was whining when he woke up. I was so flustered that he wasn't using words to attempt to tel me what he wanted that I ordered him to "tell me what you want or you're just going to have to deal with what I give you." He turned to me, pointed at the section of the counter that held the bread and in his little voice questioned "toass?" I laughed aloud, mood instantly changed, and said "you want toast?!" he said "noooooo" "do you mean yes?" he gave his usual thinking look, immediately nodded his head in his exaggerated movements and said "ya". 

I love these little moments. Yesterday I was cleaning the kitchen. I looked out the window to see drew washing the car (which I expected) and Porter alongside of him, rag in hand, scrubbing the side with daddy. He loves to help, he loves to serve, and he loves to be loved. 


I'm so incredibly blessed to have him in my life.

I treasure (and should appreciate more) every single moment I have with him. I love feeling the pressure of his little body pressed up against mine as he shows me how much he loves me. 

I never go an hour without telling him how much I love him.

I also really wanted to thank everyone for their overwhelming support on my post about my mother. It was hard to write for a lot of reasons, but I have been feeling a nagging for a while that I should share a little bit of my story. There's a lot left unsaid about my life, but I don't think I need to go into every detail. I really would love to hear any stories and if I get any I'll be sharing them as well on the blog. Also, if you feel so inclined, go ahead and share that post as well. People need to hear more about it, mental illness is such a strange thing to so many people and we need to get the word out that it's not like any other illness where you just heal and move on, it's a daily struggle, but it's not their fault. 

I love you guys. 
I truly do.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...