Saturday, April 28, 2012

May

May is Mental Health Month. Soooooo
I've been writing a blog and saving it, then cutting and writing, and editing, and changing my wording and.... thinking.
They say the best way for someone to learn about mental health, is to share your story.
So that's just what I'm going to do.
What many of you probably don't know is that almost my whole life has been about dealing with mental illness. The other thing you probably don't know is that the illness wasn't mine.
Sure I had my ups and downs, but it's not what I struggled with, it's not what I had to learn from, it's not what made the biggest impact on who I became. That was from my mother, good and bad.
So in the month of may, send me your stories. I'll post them! I want the word to be spread any way possible. Also, make sure you do something to support those you know with mental health problems. So, keep your eyes out within the first few days of may, and hopefully all through the month for your own stories! (seriously though guys... write them, put your thoughts into word form, it's actually pretty therapeutic)

Love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...