Thursday, August 23, 2012

My mommy moment

I have been trying to absorb every little moment with Porter. He's my sweet boy and there's so many people who are fighting tooth and nail to get what I already have. Not to mention that when I eventually DO have another baby I'll be full of worry if I'm spending enough time with Porter. So I'm going to suck in every second I can. 
So I took him to the park today. He's becoming a bit of a chicken... I'm not exactly thrilled with that since he used to LOVE slides but now he just whines and yells "mom hhel" (yes he totally cusses, but only because he's trying to say help) so I gave up on trying to take him down them. 
 
I picked him up, he wrapped his legs around my stomach and I sat down on a swing. I kept my left arm around his back and held on with my right hand, and he did the same, holding me with one hand and holding the chain with the other. 
For 15 minutes we swung.
Holding each other. Him digging his head in just below my shoulder, and as I inhaled my son's scent, I looked down and noticed something. He had turned his head, dug his nose into my shirt and then took a deep breath.
He was smelling me too.
Then it hit me, I'm his mommy. 
I know I'm his mom but sometimes I'm really reminded of what that means. That the feelings between me and him aren't just the ones that I feel, they include the way he feels about me. He loves me, he likes the scent of me, he is comforted by me, when he wakes up at night he looks up to me. It boggles my mind because I don't think of myself as someone to look up to, some days I don't find myself of much worth, but HE DOES. 
I love him so much. I'm so grateful that I have him. I can't ever imagine my life going any other way. 
Isn't he cute?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...