Sunday, August 5, 2012

oh this week.

Let's start this off with a funny picture of porter 
 
It was kind of a week to whine about :P 
seriously
On Saturday I went to Bear Lake with the In-laws and got burnt worse than I've ever been burnt before. (in other words it is now 1 week and 1 day later and I still have a spot on my leg that hurts very badly.. weird.)
I also managed to get some insane tanlines.. like there's a line below each knee where it seems my knees got covered in sunscreen and my legs did not. also there's the white fingerprints of all sizes from myself and from porter...

On Sunday I was just burnt. drew had a spot on his arm and porter had a spot on his back.. It was no bueno.
Monday I went to Snowbird which was sooo much fun except the fact that I was burnt and that Porter was in a place unknown to him so he would not nap. I took him to be teething since he's been all drooly lately and then when he got a stuffy nose I still thought "oh teething". Then he proceeded to not sleep at all well.. I got an hour's of solid sleep. He was cute during the day though regardless of being cranky half of the time.

See? stinking cute. Plus look how gorgeous it is up there! I spent time with the awesome family even though we were only there for 24 hours... almost exactly.
Tuesday we came home and I noticed my throat getting a little sore. I thought "oh no.. he's not teething is he?" and then after yet another super sleepless night I realized that no he is not in fact teething this is a whole full fledged illness. I woke up feeling a little worse but I went and bought porter cold medicine which is not really easy to find for a 2 year old. not at all. (not that he's actually 2 yet.. I still have 3 weeks or so........)
Thursday I woke up (from another bad night with porter) feeling like I slept with a house on top of me. Super achy body, head about to explode and no hope in breathing out any part of my nose even if I chopped it off.
Friday was about the same
Saturday I thought "I should make a healthy snack" so I got an avocado out of the fridge, cut it in half, and like my father taught me, you stab a knife in it and pull the pit out whole. I did and it didn't come out so my thought process went something like "oh it's a hard pit I should hit a little harder".
I stabbed that pit harder than I thought and it took a chunk out of it and the knife proceeded right through that soft Avocado and STRAIGHT into my hand. I probably need stitches but it's in a super flexible place so I superglued it back together... it's not very wide but man it's deep..
see? superglued. It's all grody and stuff. but I'm dealing.
So lets re-visit. Super bad sunburn, Super horrible cold and headache from said cold, and stab wound. 
fun week right? 
lol I honestly think it's hilarious but my head may just split open from the pressure so my mood is not what I want it to be. 
On the bright side, one of my primary kids said something else funny today (don't worry I used a lot of hand sanitizer) when asked if he could read he said "I can kinda read, I mean I can read a book but I'm slow and not very good at it". His mom was sitting right behind me and burst out laughing. 
I also was told I was being boring today. that was funny too. 
I love 5-6 year olds a little more after this calling.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...