Thursday, November 8, 2012

Re-pizazing myself

I've been doing so good the last month. I love that I've found such peace in this process. I've become more okay with the fact that I'm not pregnant and probably won't be for a while than I ever thought possible. I still have ouch moments, like realizing I'd be 7 months pregnant right now.. that's never fun. I just can't dwell on it. 

Now that all of the sadness is gone I've been working at improving myself. I got sucked into a pretty serious depression for a few weeks and it changed me a little... well a lot. I became much more negative and much much more lazy. I stopped cleaning, I wasn't a super good mom, and I was a horrible wife. I think no matter what, once you have a child or even before you have a child you can forget that your husband is your best friend. I let myself forget that and I let myself forget that he's there to have fun and goof off with. in a way I forgot that he was someone I am in a relationship with and started thinking of him as someone I'm just going through life with. 

I've been working hard to fix that. To remember how much he makes me laugh, how funny he is, how HOT he is, how kind and thoughtful he can be! 

One of the best things I've done this week was to insist we go on a date. 
First I got all dolled up for him :)

Drew's brother came over to watch porter, and we took off down to ogden. I've never been to Five Guy before and I've heard about how amazing it is. I LOVED it! oh my gosh! my only complaint is that we didn't get enough food :) I was stuffed but I did NOT  want to stop eating it! oh my gosh! 
 Isn't he so smokin?!

We has so much fun, we cracked jokes, teased each other, and laughed, something maybe some of you have never gone without, but thanks to me, we've missed it a lot. 

We then were an hour earlier than expected, so we hung out in the movie theater lobby, just talking, remembering and rekindling. 
then we watched
IT WAS SO FUNNY!  
drew and I are big video game fans anyway and this was so stinking cute and clever we laughed the whole time... except where we both almost cried at two parts (we're such emotional parents)

I felt so refreshed after it was over! I feel so much better! 

and here is my porter funny :) he sounds like sean connery when he says Yesh 
he also keeps telling me I'm pretty with very amazing clarity :) You'll see. 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I need to remember that Jace is my best friend too :)

    Also, how cute is your son!?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...