Thursday, January 17, 2013

Mother of all catch ups!

breathe in, breathe out. I haven't written for a while!

It's weird. as I've left the blog'o sphere I somehow thought maybe the whole thing would pause with me. Am I that self centered that I thought people's lives were going to stop being awesome and good enough to write about? no not really, I just kinda slowly forgot about this place.

Well as a quick catch up.

We moved to the Salt Lake Valley, Drew got a new Job, we moved from a house to an apartment I don't love... and we're having a baby in july which I'm so so so blessed and happy about.

I'm overwhelmed by the love and support we've received with all of these changes. I was thinking about not making a big announcement about the baby but drew convinced me that there were people out there who wanted to celebrate with me. I have people very close to me that have been trying much harder for much longer to have a baby of their own, and I didn't want it to seem like I was being insensitive to them. I could not believe what happened when I wrote that sentence on facebook. Holy cow. Over 105 likes and over 36 comments of people virtually hugging me. It's so amazing to feel so loved. I really appreciate it! Now let's just get this little one here safely!

The move has been overwhelming, but mostly really good! Drew is doing great in his job, and it's a STEADY INCOME! talk about blessed! It's been hard for me to be with porter 24/7 with little help during the week. Add that to january blues and I've been a little down but that'll absolutely get better as it gets warmer!

Porter is cute as ever, but the cuter he gets, the more of a stinker he becomes. He's realized he has some control over his life and he likes to assert it any way possible. He's learned how to Open doors and he can reach all the light switches so bedtime has been a challenge. He is getting surgery on the 31st of this month on his hand because He has trigger finger :( poor kid! The doctor actually said that it's possible he may have been born with it and we didn't notice. I hope he hasn't gone that long!

Well. Laundry calls, but we're grateful to everyone. Seriously. Also sometime in feb, drew will be gone for 2 weeks. if you live nearby I'll be dying for visitors!! Just so you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...