Saturday, June 29, 2013

Bow-Ya!

Did you know that even though I haven't been blogging, life has gone by terribly quickly?
I'm within 30 days of my due date (although I still think she could come after the due date like her brother) and I'm getting a little on the large side. I actually bought an exercise ball today so I can sit on it and give my poor poor pelvic bones a rest.

Also, since I'm having a girl, I'm pretty fond of hair accessories to show off the fact that she is indeed, a girl.

Pintrest has been one of my best friends. So has my glue gun, and my thread and needle. I've known how to sew a long long time, but I've never really utilized the skill before, unless I was making a blanket.
I'll be linking all the tutorials I've followed under the picture of the actual thing I've made in case you'd like to do it as well :) Since I'm bragging and all...

This pregnancy I've made
 A Carseat Cover

Here's How although I only kind of followed along.. I just got the jist of what she was doing and did my own thing.

a Nursing cover (that I don't have a picture of, or a tutorial.. I just figured it out on my own.

Newborn baby circle skirts

Here's How and they are SO SO SO easy!!! It took me maybe 15 minutes per skirt?

Burp Cloths

No tutorial for this. I just cut out a bunch of flannel fabric at around 10in x 17 in or so, put the right sides together, sewed around the edges leaving a gap on one side, flipped the right sides out and sewed around the edges to close up the gap and give it a finished look.

and Bows.
 Lots and lots of headbands/bows/fabric flowers.
For this I kind of sort of figured it out myself, but this is mostly how I did it. although I just used my glue gun and then when it looked wibbily wobbly I cut off some height to make it more even. (here's how)
 I really had fun doing this because it's actually pretty easy. the hardest part is finding a way to cut so many circles out. I didn't buy jersey fabric, I just cut up an old high school t-shirt, but it looks darn cute to me
(here's how)

 These are super easy, and as you can tell I got better as I practiced. (here's how) You can either attach them to the band or put a clip on them
 This wasn't my favorite to make, it's hard, it takes a long time, and as you can see I kind of gave up at the end. It still looks cute, but I'll probably choose other things over this one. The instructions are just off a pin picture, but here's what I had. (here's how)
 This one I just followed what you did for the petals for the one above, but instead of sinching the side, I just pulled the bottom together, tied a knot in the thread so it wouldn't come apart, then sewed up the side (you can barely see it's a crease) and tied that off.
 These are some of my favorites! (Here's how) although I just put felt on the back and put a clip on it instead of sewing it onto a Headband.
I've posted the tutorial for these before, but they're SO easy! I did this for super saturday (a church craft activity day) and the ladies picked it up quickly. (here's my how with a link to the original tutorial)
These are super duper easy as well! Drew thinks they look like rolled up socks....silly boy. I think they're adorable. (here's how)

I plan on doing even more... because I'm crazy. but the cost of making your own by FAR outweighs the price of buying them!

if you're interested, here's a bunch of things I'm planning on doing sometime in the next little while, if I can :)
have fun!!
http://www.duitang.com/people/mblog/46568845/detail/
http://www.scribd.com/doc/97246228/tcm-perfect-sculpted-tiny-felt-bow-for-headband-patternhttp://www.greylikesbaby.com/
http://tatertotsandjello.com/2011/04/porch-makeover-part-2-make-10-minute.html
http://mothersniche.com/how-to-make-barefoot-sandals-for-babies/
http://jordanapaige.com/blog/2013/04/tutorial-diaperchanging-pad-clutch.html
http://www.danamadeit.com/2012/03/celebrate-baby-spring-dye-bath-the-good-the-bad-and-some-tips.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...